Welcome to Nolensville Elementary School!
Campus tours for new families must be scheduled in advance.
School Hours: 8:45 AM-3:45 PM
Doors Open at 8:20 AM
Car rider line closes at 8:43 AM
Dismissal will begin at 3:42 PM
Half-Day Dismissal: 12:20 PM
Visitors to Nolensville consistently comment on the school’s family feel. We do feel like we are one big extended family and endeavor to maintain that feeling in a growing school. We, here at Nolensville, are confident that upon visiting our school and spending some time in our building, you will leave with the same impression!
Our vision is that our students will become productive leaders of society, bringing creativity and hope to our nation and world.
The Mission of Nolensville Elementary School is to cultivate a love for learning through the minds, hearts, and actions of our students.
Red, Black & White
In 1867 a brick schoolhouse was constructed with two rooms and a hallway downstairs for the Nolensville Academy. The upstairs housed the Masonic Lodge and Odd Fellow Meetings. This structure burned in 1901. A year or so after that, a new building was built behind the cemetery on Clovercroft Road. This housed the school until a newer building was completed on Nolensville Road in 1937.
The school at Nolensville included grades one through twelve until 1930 and grades one through 10 until 1940. High school students in the 1930’s finished their work at Antioch, Central, Franklin or College Grove, but Nolensville graduates were well trained even though the school was not accredited.
In 1934-35, the PTA had horse shows and other fund-raising activities to raise money to buy the property on which the first school on Nolensville Road was built. Then in 1949, the Community Club bought a war surplus building from the Classification Center on Thompson Lane, using the material to add a gymnasium, restrooms, and a cafeteria. By this time, there were four teachers. This school is still standing and is now owned by the Nolensville Historical Society. Many community events are still held there.
In the fall of 1966, integration added so many students that there was an immediate space problem. The gym was divided into four classrooms until four portables could be obtained. This arrangement continued until 1972 when the second elementary school was built on Nolensville Road.
The second school on Nolensville Road was used for kindergarten through fifth grades until 2007 when the newest and current elementary school was built on Rocky Fork Road. The second school was transformed and is now used as one of the Williamson County Recreation Centers. The current school on Rocky Fork road houses grades k-5. As Nolensville continues to grow, Nolensville Elementary School retains the quaint, home town feeling that it has always had.