NHS Library Policies and Procedures
The media center’s hours are from 7:15 AM – 2:45 PM each regular school day. The media center provides resources and recreational reading materials that enable our students to become both information literate and lifelong readers. Educational technology and professional materials are also available for faculty and staff.
Policies and Procedures
- Students may not bring any food or drink to the library (a water bottle is okay).
- Students may listen to music using headphones in the library.
- Students must ask a member of the library staff before they print. Black and white, color, and double-sided printing are available. Only school-related documents may be printed.
- Students may not check out more than 5 books and no more than 1 reference book. Books (print and audio) may be checked out for 3 weeks and reference books overnight.
- While in the library, students may work only on school assignments; no games, social networking, etc. Approved electronic devices are to be used for educational purposes only.
- Students must sign in to the library when coming to the library from a teacher’s class or study hall.
- Students do not have to sign in when coming to the library before school or with their class.
- Students may not leave the library to return to class when there are 5 minutes or less left in the period.
- Students must maintain a low level of noise while in the library.
Media Center Staff
The mission of Nolensville High School’s Library Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give each student an opportunity to achieve academic success. Our Media Center staff is here to connect students and faculty to the resources that they need.