- What is Jump Rope Club?
- Jump Rope Club is an opportunity for students of all grade levels to learn and develop jumping skills using short and long ropes. We use jumping rope to promote physical fitness and cardio exercise outside of the students’ physical education class.
- What will we learn?
- In J. R. Club, you will learn different jumping styles and techniques, along with routine work, short rope skills, long rope skills, and double Dutch.
- Who can participate?
- This club is open to any Oak View student in grades K-5. Students will be placed in groups according to their age/skill level.
- When does the club meet?
- The club will meet every Wednesday morning from 7:30-8:15 in the Oak View Gym, beginning in October.
- What if there is inclement weather?
- J.R. Club will meet rain or shine, although if school has been closed due to severe inclement weather, the club will not meet. Email is our primary source of communication, so please be sure to check email prior to J.R. Club should any cancellations arise.
- Who is my coach?
OVB league is committed to providing students with a basketball season filled with learning, competition, and fun. The following divisions are being formed for the upcoming season: 2-3 grade boys, 2-3 grade girls, 4-5 grade boys, and 4-5 grade girls.
- Registration and payment is available online only at www.leaguelineup.com/ovb. All players must pre-register for the league. Due to the continued growth of our school and league, registrations MUST be received by the deadline. We cannot guarantee placement in the league for late registrants. You will find the “registration form” link on the upper right side of the home page. All current students of Oak View Elementary are encouraged to participate. Registration is not open to students from other schools.
- Mandatory Skills Assessment
- All players registering for the 2nd – 5th grade divisions will be required to participate in the skills assessment. This is not a try-out, but an effort to create balanced teams. Each child will be evaluated on dribbling, shooting and lay-ups. Regular league practices will begin late October. Each team will practice once during the week. League games will be played mostly on Saturdays beginning in December and some Sundays. Coaches will contact their respective teams regarding practice schedules in October.
- The cost to participate in the OVB league is $110 per player. Each player will receive a dri-fit jersey and shorts this year. Anyone interested in becoming a Head Coach or Assistant Coach will have the opportunity to express interest via the online registration form. Also, if you have any questions about the league or the registration process, please click on the email icon and forward any questions or concerns. Head coaches are responsible for selecting their individual teams through the player draft.
Oak View Elementary is proud to offer K-5 Spanish and Chinese language classes. For more information about the World Language Program, please click here.