The Guidance Program at Pearre Creek follows the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National model for School Counseling. The PCES counseling program is comprehensive, providing education, prevention and intervention services in grades K-5. Our goal is that through classroom guidance, small group and individual counseling, early identification and intervention of children’s academic and personal/social needs are met removing barriers to learning and promoting academic achievement.
Other services we provide to support students are:
- Consult with parents, teachers, and administrators
- Coordinate 504 plans
- Coordinate School Wide Testing
- Participate in RTI meetings
- Coordinate Special Events for students as well as Parent Education Sessions
- Coordinate KELSO KIDS- 4th and 5th grade leadership opportunity promoting a positive school climate
- Conflict Mediation
- Character and Safety Education
- Promote “Be Nice” throughout PCES
As counselors, we are committed to helping children be free of conflict so they can be happily productive learners, focusing on the best in themselves and others, supporting and encouraging one another to reach their full potential. To that end, we will provide support in every way possible!
Please contact us if you have concerns regarding your child’s progress whether it is academic, behavioral, social or emotional.