School History

Home » Our School » Who We Are » School History

About Fred J. Page High School

The naming of Fred J. Page High School honors and preserves the memory of an outstanding educator. The late Mr. Page served as Superintendent of the Williamson County Schools for 42 years, from 1899 until 1941. He was an author and a scholar, contributing several books on educational subjects and numerous articles. He was principal of Clarksville High School and of the College Grove Preparatory School prior to becoming Superintendent. During Mr. Page’s tenure as Superintendent, the schools of Williamson County expanded from a few elementary schools of eight grades to a system of twelve grades, including four year high schools.

Fred J. Page High School is located on 40 acres approximately one – half miles west of Rudderville. The original building included:

  • Capacity for 1,000 students with Physical Education, Cafeteria and Library for 1,200 students
  • 40 teaching stations
  • Auditorium seating 300 people
  • Gymnasium seating 1,500 people (plus 300 people on balcony)
  • Cafeteria seating 400 people(three serving periods)
Page High school building in 1975, the first year the school was open.

Expansion in the 1990s increased the total number of classrooms to the current total of 54 with an expanded capacity for 1,215 students.

Having the smallest capacity of the high schools in Williamson County has allowed Page High School to maintain an annual enrollment of around 850 students throughout most of its 40 plus year existence despite this enormous population boom.

Contact Us

High School
  • 6281 Arno Road
    Franklin, TN 37064
  • (615) 472-4730
  • (615) 472-4751
Fred J. Page High School building.