Page High Media Center
The mission of Page High School’s Library Media Center is to support the learning process by providing a wide range of resources that will give each student an opportunity to achieve academic success. We assist students, teachers and staff in becoming effective users of information, foster a love of reading and partner with teachers to teach information literacy skills.
- Select and organize materials for research projects
- Assist students in finding appropriate materials
- Provide multi-media resources for students and teachers
- Train students and staff in information literacy skills
- Maintain the library’s print, electronic and multimedia collection
- Develop the library’s collection to represent current and authoritative information
- Collaborate with teachers to plan and implement lessons, incorporating technology whenever possible
- Choose quality, appropriate and contemporary materials for pleasure reading
Media Center Policies
- Students leaving a study hall or class must bring a pass to the circulation desk from the teacher that includes: student name, teacher name, date and time.
- Students must sign in on a sheet that will be used as roster in the event of an emergency.
- Once in the library, students will be send back to class 10 minutes before class ends with the original pass signed by a Media Center staff member.
- Students can only use the front entrances to enter/exit.
- Students in the library will follow verbal instructions in case of an emergency.
- Students may not have food or drinks in the library or labs.
- A teacher may not send more than 4 students at a time.
Media Center Staff
At Page, you’ll find two highly dedicated individuals whose sole purpose lies in creating the perfect atmosphere for learning:
Friendly and welcoming
Student and teacher friendly
Highly conducive to research and study
Fresh and inviting
Our librarians thrive on collaborating with Page teachers and students to prepare graduates for college and beyond and eagerly look forward to working with you.