Library and Technology Resources
The library at Page Middle School strives each day to achieve its goal to have all students become socially responsible, independent library users, life-long learners, and to develop a love of reading, in addition to supporting the instructional program and curriculum of the school with an emphasis on information literacy. To meet these goals, the library offers a collection of more than 11,000 books, plus an extensive collection of magazines, audio books, videos, and DVDs. The library’s collection also includes online sources such as Grolier Encyclopedia, ProQuest, Nettrekker, and Tennessee Electronic Library. Materials selection is made based on the development needs of the students, faculty, administration, and staff.
To provide maximum access to its resources, the library operates on a flexible schedule in which teachers sign up to bring in their classes to check out books and/or to do research at the teacher’s point of need. Students may choose to go the library at any time during the school day as long as they have a library pass from their teacher giving them permission to do so. The library is open from 7:25 AM – 3:00 PM or later as needs arise on school days. The library staff is committed to providing enthusiastic support of reading in all formats as a means of lifelong learning, enjoyment of reading, a penchant for discovery, and success in the classroom.
Mission and Strategies
The goal of the Page Middle School Library Media Center is to provide the resources, access to resources, and recreational reading materials to enable our students to become both information literate and lifelong readers. The Library Media staff strives to create a helpful and inviting atmosphere.
- Select and organize materials for research projects
- Aid students in finding appropriate materials
- Train students and staff in information literacy skills
- Maintain the library’s print, electronic and media collections
- Collaborate with teachers to plan and implement lessons
- Assist students with technology
Media Center Policies
- Library is open from 7:25 AM – 3:00 PM.
- During class, students need a library pass to come to the library.
- Books are checked out for 20 school days.
- Students cannot check out any materials if they have overdue or lost items.
- Lost materials must be replaced with a library bound copy or paid for.