Summit High News and Events
Latest and current news from Summit High. Stay up to date with the amazing activities our Summit Spartans are involved with. We welcome you to come support our community.
- Checkpoints Driving Class
In an effort to bring awareness and safety for teen driving due to the rash of deaths of teen drivers the past two years around Williamson County, Williamson County High Schools will be requiring all new students drivers and their parents to take part in a driver safety seminar, Checkpoints, in order for those students to obtain a parking pass and to drive to high school. These safety seminars will be about an hour in length and are designed to show statistics and facilitate conversations of safety between the parents and their teen driver. At the end of the session, parents will form a driving contract with their own student driver(s). All students in their first year of a license will be required to take the course even if they drive now. Students who have been driving for a year or more or have already participated in the Checkpoints program will not have to take the course in order to obtain the parking pass. Checkpoints driving class takes place the first Tuesday of every month. Summer dates will be announced soon.
- July 15, 2019 to July 19, 2019 – Science Week
Summit High School is hosting a Science camp this summer. This is a hands-on science camp for rising 3rd through 8th graders. The deadline to register is May 20, 2019. Registration and payment can be done online.
- July 22, 2019 to July 26, 2019 – Summer Art Camp
SHS National Art Honor Society is hosting a Summer Art Camp for rising 2nd through 8th graders. The cost is $195 for the week and includes a t-shirt, snacks, and all art supplies. The deadline to register is April 30, 2019 so don’t delay!
- July 23, 2019 to July 25, 2019 – Boys Soccer Team Tryouts
Summit High Boys Soccer Team tryouts will take place on the soccer field July 23, 2019 to July 25, 2019 from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Please make sure that you write your name on a piece of athletic tape, and put it on your back. For more information on tryouts, please visit our Spring Sports Page.
Summit High Featured in InFocus
- Students Place in International HOSA Competition
- WCS Students Stay Creative During Summer
- Summit High Encourages Students to Vote
- WCS Students Names National AP Scholars
- National Merit Commended Students Announced
- Summit High Presents You Can’t Take it with You
- Summit High Student Joins the Macy’s Great American Marching Band
- WCS Students Excel at Mid-State, All-State Choir Auditions
- Summit High Engineering Students Show off Projects