The 2020 Central Region Swine Show was January 6th and 7th. The 2020 Tennessee State Swine Show was January 8th and 9th. There was a much larger turnout this year than previous years. Showmen from all over the United States attended. Williamson County excelled in showmanship as well as skillathon. Everyone worked exceptionally hard and every showman was courteous to one another.

Here’s what some of Williamson County’s showman had to say about it:

Jayden Gossett: “At our 2020 swine show we got to be in the regional and state levels of showing. At this pig show it was a great way to start out your 4-H year if you’re just joining. It’s also a great way to make new friends, get together with old ones, and learn new techniques from others. What I enjoyed most was just getting to help others out that needed it, and meeting new friends. At our pig show I learned new ways to improve next year and all the years ahead. I really want to recommend it to anyone that is interested because you’ll absolutely love it!”

Sam Lamb: “It’s a fun, interactive experience for kids that have an interest in livestock, you will learn responsibility and patience with the swine project and meet new people as well. From getting your pig to showing it in the ring it will be a one of a kind experience!”

TJ Williams: “There was something called skillathon in which the state/region has a competition to show how much you know about that pig and other things like that in the industry. I showed my Berkshire, a breed that has a white body and black legs. I got first in region and second at state.”