A Message From Mrs. Waits
I am thrilled to be named as the principal of the new Thompson’s Station Middle School. Having begun my administrative career at the middle school level, I have since felt a strong calling to once again serve students and their families of these grade levels. I am grateful to Dr. Looney, WCS School Board Members, and Dr. Webb for allowing me this amazing opportunity.
Over the past 27 years, I have been blessed to fulfill what I consider a ‘calling’ to educate children while at the same time personally embarking on an exciting journey as a lifelong learner. Throughout my career, the simple but profound philosophy of, “A child will never care how much you know, until they know how much you care,” has developed into a way of life for me. My passion for helping each individual child realize his or her educational and personal potential, while nurturing self-confidence, has made for a very rewarding profession.
As the Principal of Thompson’s Station Middle School, I commit to fully embracing this amazing opportunity to collaborate with the teachers, parents, students, and community members to meet the needs of each individual student. My hope is that, as a team, we will work together to help each student develop into creative-thinking individuals, as well as provide the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare them for their next stage of learning. I am blessed to be a part of the TSMS community and will work diligently to provide a safe, meaningful, and positive learning environment for our students.
At TSMS, our entire staff is dedicated to providing each student with daily lessons that are engaging, rigorous, and relevant to his/her life. We are so appreciative of the amazing support given to our staff by the Thompson’s Station community and TSMS families. We will take pride in the opportunity given to us each day to build positive, meaningful relationships with our students and their families.
Paula Waits, Ed.S.
Principal, Thompson’s Station Middle School
About Mrs. Waits…..
- Friendship Christian Academy, Oxford, AL
- Ophelia S. Hill Elementary, Munford, AL
- Munford High School- Munford, AL
- BS Early Childhood Elem. Ed. @ Jacksonville State University, 1991
- MS Early Childhood Elem. Ed. @ Jacksonville State University, 1996
- S. Elem. Ed. @ Jacksonville State University, 2005
- K-12 Educational Administration @ Jacksonville State University, 2005
Career in Education:
- 1991-2000 Fourth Grade Teacher: Oxford Middle School and C. E. Hanna Elementary Oxford, AL
- 2000-2004 Fourth Grade Teacher: Lorraine Elem. School, Rockdale County Public Schools Conyers, GA
- 2004-2011 Fifth and Sixth Grade Teacher: C. E. Hanna Elementary, Oxford, AL
- 2011-2013 Assistant Principal: Oxford Middle School, Oxford, AL
- 2013-2015 Principal- Nolensville Elementary School, Nolensville, TN
I am married to Brian Waits, and together, we have four AWESOME children, three precious grandchildren, and a very rambunctious four year old Great Dane. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, attending concerts, reading, and supporting Auburn University football!