Library & Technology Resources
Summer reading is optional, but we hope you will enjoy many good books over the summer! Here is a list with lots of ideas! The WCS middle schools worked together to compile a list of their most popular reads! You can earn PBIS points for reading, so take a look at the list for more information. If you need any help or need further assistance, please email Ms. Kimery: Lindsey.Kimery@wcs.edu. Happy Reading!
Summer Days/Hours: TBA
Daily Hours: 7:15 AM – 3:15 PM
Students are welcome to check out books, read, work on homework, use the computers, create in our Makerspace, or do any other library related business.
The WMS Library is the hub of student learning and exploration at Woodland. Students and faculty have access to:
• 14,000 print and digital materials
• 12 desktop computers
• 30 Chromebooks
• 2 color printers
• 3D printer
Here are some ways to get involved at the WMS Library during the 2019-2020 school year:
We currently have all the volunteers we need, but add your name to the LIBRARY VOLUNTEER WAIT LIST and we may have a spot for you later in the year.
- Library worker- Our schedule is full, but you can be on the waiting list in case a spot opens at some point during the year.
- Aquiteam- Clean the aquarium and care for our aquatic life.
- 3D print team- Assist with print jobs.
- Read2Me- Read virtually to a kindergarten class at our reading partner school, Ida B. Wells Elementary in Nashville. Return a completed permission form to participate.
Media Center Staff Contact Information
The WMS Media center staff is always ready to assist parents and students. If you have questions regarding books, services, or other media center related items, please use the list below to contact a member of the staff.